Thursday 2 October 2008

It's all gone a bit conkers!


Sorry I haven't been posting any art as I had promised, but I haven't been feeling up to it lately as I have acquired a horrible rash that makes me look like I have leprosy! I've been feeling rotten, but trying to make the most of my holiday here in France.

Miss G has been loving the wildlife out here and especially the HUGE conkers...we have never seen so many, and such big conkers ever before. So everywhere we go we collect some and add them to the booty stash.



Hubby and I took a wee trip to Paris on Tuesday and came back yesterday, whilst Nana and Grandad did a superb job of looking after Miss G. She had so much fun dressing up in Nana's clothes....

Whilst in Paris, we came across some likable conkers... then inspiration struck and thought the conkers should live it up, so we showed them the sights and sounds of the most romantic city in the world and here is what they saw.....

The Eiffel Tower.....


A spot of culture at the Louvre....


A tender moment on Point Neuf...

The bells of Notre Dame....



The famous Metropolitain system....

The Pompidou centre for a change of scenery...

...and finally the journey home on the TGV...wheeeeeeeeeeee

I think they had a good time, Paris is such a beautiful city.

Well, I have almost finished a painting for my parents, I'm struggling with a part of it, but it has be to be done before I leave France on Tuesday and I promise to post it before then.

1 comment:

jay670120 said...

lol loving the travelling conkers x