Wednesday 12 November 2008

All at once

I have been meaning to post most of this for the last week but just haven't got round to it! Such a busy and creative week. It started last Thursday when Miss G and I had a day and home (which is not the norm) as the weather was howling and it was just nice to bum around in our PJ's for half the day. My lovely neighbour Laura gave us some gorgeous beads and wee cardboard boxes and Miss G had a bead set left over from a few Christmases ago so we decided to make more bead bracelets and decorate the boxes with sequins and beads having covered them first in PVA. I must admit that I did most of it as Grace was having way too much fun playing with all the tiny beads, mixing the colours up and spending half the time on her hands and knees picking them up off the floor. But I must admit she did a really good job of finding all the escapees and she is still finding them as she found two more on the chair in the kitchen! Who knows how they got there as we were doing the boxes in the living room!

This beautiful hedgehog was created by Grace at nursery and has pride of place on our mantelpiece.

Grace also helped me make the invitations for her birthday party. It's going to be a butterfly tea party with butterfly decorations, a butterfly shaped cake and butterfly inspired food etc. I know butterflies are a bit out of season but I think it's a shame that her birthday is so late in the year so we thought we would bring a touch of spring/summer into the house for one day before Father Christmas descends on us. As you can see I drew the invitations and Grace coloured them in with her paint set. We had red ones and yellow one and green ones...such a clever wee soul.


Grace had her play mate Leah over today for some creative doings and here are two of the plasticine jungle animals that we created (I did the elephant but Grace added the green ears!). I love plasticine but I get a bit neurotic about the colours getting mixed up!

Since my final year of secondary/high school I have been doing life drawing of some sort so I was thrilled to discover that there was a local drop in class which is only £3 for two hours (very reasonable). I was a bit rusty so i am only going to show you the drawings that I was semi-happy with. I'll try and post my drawings every Wednesday/Thursday so you can see what I get up to. Hopefully my drawing skills will improve and I can gain a bit of confidence. Is there anything you have been wanting to do again that you used to do or want to learn a new skill etc?


Sorry this has been such a long post but I've been dieing to share with you what we have been up to. How has your week been?

3 comments:

georgia b. said...

thank you for your sweet comments. i have actually been to your blog before, as i saw yours through Chris at Vivid. her and i are co-workers, so i am always on her blog, and i saw you were following hers.

your blog looks very interesting, too. so many creative things. i will be checking yours out, too.

nice to "meet" you.
:)

georgia b. said...

ps. those birthday party invitations are adorable.

Laura said...

you have so many hidden talents! Your life drawings are fab and i love that little elephant :)